I received my May 2015 Loot Crate box yesterday and I can’t believe how terribly underwhelming it was. Of all the Loot Crate boxes I’ve received, this one has got to be the most disappointing.
This is what the box contained:
- An exclusive variant cover comic book of Bravest Warriors #1 from Boom! Studios. It looks very cartoony and not something I would be interested in. I’ve never heard of this comic, but Wikipedia says Bravest Warriors #1 was originally published in October 2012.
- A 300-piece jigsaw puzzle featuring artwork from a Cartoon Network show called Rick and Morty. I’ve never heard of it.
- A 4-pin collector’s set for Team Fortress 2, a video game from Valve.
- A Marvel Comics ice cube tray. Just what I’ve always wanted, Iron Man’s ice cube head floating in my cold beverage. Isn’t Tony Stark, the guy inside the Iron Man suit, an alcoholic in the comic books? This could almost be considered inappropriate.
- An Avengers Age of Ultron window decal.
- A special tiny Loot Crate edition of Mad magazine. The cover features Alfred E. Newman dressed as the Jason Momoa version of Aquaman.
- A pair of Marvel shoelaces. The design on the laces is so tiny that I really can’t tell what it is. It looks like dirt. Just what a needed, a pair of 48-inch shoe laces that look dirty.
- A Power Rangers t-shirt. Out of everything in the box, this is the only product that doesn’t totally suck. What does it say about the rest of the items when a Power Rangers t-shirt is best thing in the box?
There’s nothing in this box that I would have bought if given the opportunity. Even the Power Rangers t-shirt. Although I like the design, I’m not a fan of the Power Rangers.
It makes me happy knowing this is the final Loot Crate I’ll be getting. I thought last month’s offering was the last one, but because math is hard, I miscalculated when my subscription was going to end. This is the last Loot Crate I will be getting.